Sunday, October 28, 2007

How the dead constantly remind us who they were...

Just to show what kind of woman my Grandma was, I got a call last night from my uncle. My Grandma passed away in June. Chowder and I have been a little surprised at how slow the dispersal of her estate has been. I haven't given it a lot thought until last night.

My uncle asked me to help him with something. He wants me to go on a search. A treasure hunt of sorts. It appears that nobody can find my grandma's will. He is calling everyone who has inherited pieces of furniture to search the underneath of drawers, inside of bed rails, basically any place that she could have taped the damn thing. This is the woman who when she moved from the house that she had been living in for 50 years we had to search the rafters for oatmeal cans filled with silver dollars. We found 23 of them. We don't know how many we left behind.

I asked if their was a bonus for the one that found it, kind of like finding the baby in the cake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I love treasure hunts...

Now, your grandma fits the definition of "those who make life interesting."

Hope it turns up soon.

Melanie said...

Wow! That could prove interesting! Let us know how it all turns out!