Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Where's Skaterboy?

You know what I hate most about the teenage years...it's getting you ready for the grown-up years. The splitting away. The seperate life. It's not big stuff. Just wanting to go to the YMCA and hang out with the kids at the skatepark. Normal stuff. Reassuring in many ways. but it makes me begin to feel like I have two different families. I begin to get too many pictures like this...



wait no. like this



yes, the picture is crooked. The camera was balanced on the hood of the van. and yes, my hair is awful. I'm trying to grow it out. It will grow...someday

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw shewt, that is sad. Understandable, like you say, but *sniff*

You crazy girl, you are beautiful as ever. I understand the hair-growing-out thing, though. Brutal.

And, like wow. a buffalo. I have never seen one of those before. ***insert huge yawn*** ;oP

Cakes said...

oh yeah! well, well...what about elk?! huh?! We saw elk, too!

brat.

Motherhen said...

I can understand your mixed feelings. So bittersweet.

Well the rest of you are absolutely adorable. It's funny, but lately my kids have been asking if they can go see some buffalo. Your blog is always so relevant to what is going on with our family.

Anonymous said...

our skaterboy (14) is the last of our 5, and while i can't say it's easier, it's at least a little less painful. carry on, good mom, carry on.

Julie said...

You are so funny. I feel those same pangs. To many pictures with someone missing.

By the way, I think you look beautiful.