Sunday, February 03, 2008

Don't you know what causes that?

Yes, we do. And yet here I am 4weeks 3days pregnant.

I keep meticulous charts that take my fertility issues into account. My temp shift was 5 days after "the act." 5 days! That means I ovulated 4 days after "the act." Nothing survives 4 days in my toxic sludge! Don't think that I missed the irony. I can't even depend on my body's malfunction anymore! (Now there are many new readers that are probably confused by this post so far. I lazily ask you to scroll through September 2007. It explains it all there. I'm just not up for spelling all the depressing crap out again at the moment.) I would be over the moon if I had the confidence that this pregnancy would end in a chubby little baby, but of course I'm a bit to jaded for all that.

4 days?! I keep picturing the poor little bastard dragging himself through the fallopian tubes while being pummeled by my antibodies. He must have been a mess by the time he got to safety. And if he's a mess, than...*sigh*

I'm sorry for the disjointedness of this post. My mind is everywhere. I'm going to go crawl into my hole for a little while. The internet is a dangerous place for a girl like me, desperate to find the Magic Eight Ball website that will answer, "Yes, this time it will be different." I'll be back next Monday.

prayers for acceptance? prayers for miracles? prayers for life?
pray 'em if you got 'em.

...4 days. That means it's probably a girl.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I had to make sure I had the right blog for a second!!!
Can I say congrats? I am going to say congrats and I am going to believe this little critter will indeed end in a chubby little blonde baby in 8 months time.
Awesome Cakes! How does Chowder feel?

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you. I don't say that lightly, as i rarely do such a thing, But i know EVERYTHING you have gone through, and i am sorry you are going though this and i hope and pray that things are soo very different this time!

gem said...

I don't know if you will get this but anyway be assured that prayers for all positive things will be coming your way. I can only imagine the conflicting emotions and I know you know we will all be thinking of you over the week. We will miss you.

Anonymous said...

you've got a tough little fighter on your hands if "she" lasted four days trying to find her way.
Lots of prayers for you!

Tertia said...

Thinking of you xx

Jenni said...

Oh Kate...many, many prayers. And hugs. And kisses. And more prayers. And hopeful thoughts. And crossed fingers. And anything else that helps.

Anonymous said...

Kate - I can imagine how your head is spinning. Prayers being said that this one is a keeper.

Lesley Barr Photography said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I am so happy for you. With all you've been through it would be hard not be hopeful, scared, crazy, and insane all at once!! I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Nick & Lizzy said...

I haven't scrolled back to September yet, but I remember a recent post about you maybe not being ready to be done having babies...don't I? So I hope this is exciting news and I'll definitely say a prayer for you!!!

Melanie said...

Congrats, Cakes! I'm so happy for you and praying for a healthy, sticky baby!

Niki said...

Praying for you, Cakes. Just said a prayer. Though I know it is not easy, hang in there are you wait.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, sweetie. And... saying prayers and asking that this one be different.

Elizabeth said...

Cakes,

That is very very exciting. You surely have an abundance on your plate right now. Prayers coming your way.

Elizabethw

Anonymous said...

Oh Kate, hugs and prayers coming your way, for the little one and for you and Chowder. I know this is tough on all of you, and how much harder it will be to try again if she doesn't make it.

But may I just say - what amazing sperm to last so long! ;)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

OMG I leave the Internet world for 5 days and this is how you kept yourself occupied?!?! LOL.

Many prayers. For all of the above.

Jennifer

ccap said...

Congrat! And prayers. And, if you happen to track down that Magic 8 Ball can you please send it to Winnipeg, MB, Canada as well?

Jenny said...

I've been thinking of you all week. It would be hard waiting.
The whole pregnancy and birth thing is tough.
(Don't want to sound flippant saying that.)
xxx

gem said...

I know you said you would be gone for the week but I have been checking in in case you changed your mind. I hope you are ok. I am away next week but I really hope there will be good news when I get back. Take care of yourself.

Nadia said...

Cakes,

I got the prayers and I'm sending them up and out to ya. Hold on tight.

Niki said...

Miss you! Hope you are doing okay! Saying a prayer right now!

Anonymous said...

Come back, we miss you. xxx

Kristin said...

Congratulations, Kate!

Elizabeth said...

Cakes -- by my calculations you should be about 7 weeks now -- any news? Have you had an ultrasound. I think of you very often.

Elizabethw