Monday, April 30, 2007

What we did this week...

we...cheated. Well, it was desperate times and all that, people! Chowder's uncle died and we had to make a roadtrip to Evansville, IN. We are not strong enough people to do a roadtrip without the blessing of the portable dvd player. So, we put in a new Bugs Bunny video and made it there and back in one piece.

and Chowder turned 37. I was sitting next to him outside and just admiring him. (He's so darn cute.) and I noticed some grey in his temples. It filled me with such love and happiness at the luck of getting to share all of this life with him. cheesy? I know. but, I don't care. It's true. and eventhough it seems so unhip these days to be happily married or at least to talk about it, well...here Chowder and I are. This fall we will have been friends for 20 years. That's alot of life together. Yay me!

Here are some new pics while I write my May charity post and my book review post. I'm ridiculously back-logged on everything and fighting the temptation to crawl back into my hole and hide...you know, from the laundry. Thank God this Friday is my girl's night out. This mama needs some wine and a really really good laugh. The kind only your oldest girlfriends can provide.






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww! I wanna be one of your oldest friends and come to your mom's night out! I guess I'd have to live closer than 6 billion miles away, though.

Love the pics! I'm sorry to hear about Chowder's uncle. And I have to say that I was *sniffle* really *sniffle* touched by your sweet words about your hubby and your friendship. It's exactly how I feel about my own. Wow, what a shocker, huh?

Melanie said...

Happy belated birthday, Chowder! I feel the same way about my DH. :)

So sorry to hear of your family's loss.

BTW, did you get my reply to your email? Just checking!

Cakes said...

Jenni~Roadtrip! I'll send you the dvd player. You can watch The Pirate Movie!

Melanie~I haven't seen it. I'll go back and check.

Melanie said...

Hmmm ... email me again if you didn't get it. I can't get to your email address.

Melanie said...

Cakes, email me at melsmunchkins@yahoo.com . I seem to be having problems w/ the hotmail account.

Julie said...

Your kids are sooo cute. Happy birthday to hubby! I loved your sweet words.

Melanie said...

Cakes, sorry to be hogging your comments section! Now I'm having problems w/ the yahoo account. Try this one: melsmunchkins@gmail.com. This one SHOULD work!!! So sorry!

Julie said...

Hi, I'm back. I am tagging you for a meme. If you want to participate visit my blog for the rules.

Have a wonderful Sunday.
Julie

Anonymous said...

Cakes, umm you OK. Its been a while since you had an update. We miss you. Hope all is well

KellyLynn ( IVFC )