Saturday, February 24, 2007

Time for another Boobfest Rant...



According to a Tacoma, Washington mother she and others have been kicked off MySpace for posting pictures of themselves BreastFeeding. People! It's a Freakin' mammory gland! That is it's purpose! Does it also participate in other activites? Yes. yes it does. Is it participating in that activity in these pictures? No. no it is not. I'm sorry. I just don't understand the confusion?! My husband understands the difference. When I'm feeding one of his children he responds by feeling protective and loving. When I slip into bed in my skivvies, he responds...well, that one you know.

I get so angry about this stuff. I just don't get it. I am a very discreet public breasfeeder. I wear nursing tops when I'm in public or nurse with the baby in a sling. Most people never even know I'm nursing. I'm not interested in exposing myself to all number of people.

Every night on TV, every time I open a magazine, every movie I go to see there are breasts presented in the most sexual of manners and many times completely exposed, but a mammory gland...doing it's job...offends and disgusts people. I don't get it. I just don't get it.

ahhh forget it. I've got nothing more to say on this one.

If you're interested, here's the online petition.

1 comments:

Melanie said...

That colred pic of Ladybug nursing is absolutely adorable! Just look at those eyes! Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!