Thursday, November 30, 2006

Love is....

divine.





"and a voice came from heaven, saying, You are My Child, My Beloved! In You I am well pleased and find delight!"
Luke 3:22


the baptismal gown Ladybug is wearing is 95 years old. It was brought by my grandfather from Ireland and has the names of everyone in my family who wore it for their baptism. There are 37 names and dates, including mine and all of my children, starting with my grandfather's brother in 1911 embroidered around the hem of the slip. Ladybug will be number 38.


Happy Love Thursday

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an incredible family tradition! Here's to many many more years and names. Happy Love Thursday!

Anonymous said...

wow, that is such a cool tradition!

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful story and a wonderful picture. Thanks for sharing it. It's wonderful to have a tie to the past, present, and future.

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a cool story. I love that all the names are embroidered on it, such a great remembrance of everyone.

Julie said...

That's gorgeous! I love the names tradition!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. What a great Love Thursday post--and a wonderful piece of history.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful tradition. I hope it continues for a very long time.

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful touching tradition. We have my father's christening gown and it hangs almost to the floor. He was born in 1919. Unfortunately my son was too big to wear it.

Lana said...

this is beautiful, I am so glad you came to my blog I came here to say hi and have spent the last 15 mintues browsing. Your family is lovely!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic post and picture! And what a legacy. Thanks for sharing it.

PastormacsAnn said...

Great photo and what an amazing piece of family heritage you have there. How amazing when you think of all those names and how yours has been added and all your children and someday their children. Wow.

ccap said...

Wow, that is completely amazing!