Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My favorite photos this week...

Porkchop's birthday was this weekend. He shares his birthday with my Granny who we are lucky enough to have in town with us for a few weeks. Porkchop loves that he shares his birthday with Granny. And he loved getting to share his party with her.



We were also lucky to have my Great Aunt Pat down to visit. She hasn't seen my Granny in two years. They used to live in the same two-family in Chicago when they were first having kids. Aunt Pat and Granny were two of eight kids. My Aunt Pat went on to have eleven. Three sets of twins in seven years! I can't imagine! But the blessing is that nine of her eleven children still live in Chicago and she has 36 grandchildren! Two of her sons came down with her and they were talking about how fun Christmas Eve is with everyone around. What a lucky family.

Even though my Granny did not have eleven children. She still has Aunt Pat beat on great grandchildren, thanks to your truly! HA! I'm still laughing remembering when I tried to high-five Granny and she just looked at me blankly! Here's Granny with her newest Great Grandchild. I wish the lighting was better on this picture.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's what it's all about.

Julie said...

What sweet pictures. Do you think big families are heriditary?????

Elizabeth said...

Adorable! Now where is the Cakes Family Picture in front of the tree?!?!