Sunday, September 28, 2008

Here's my plan...

We'll see if Sweeting obliges.

I spent 4 1/2 hours in the emergency room Saturday night. Not in labor. But, right around 36 weeks I start to develop asthma like symptoms that are NOT asthma and do not respond to any asthma treatments. I have had test after test after test performed on my heart and lungs and veins and blah blah blah blah blah. They all show that I cannot breathe but nobody knows why.

So, Saturday I went into the ER because I couldn't breathe and my face was starting to tingle. I knew all I needed was some oxygen, but they wanted to admit me and keep me overnight for further testing. I was already breathing fine again, and I knew that there was no new test that was going to tell them anything and was going to end up costing us a ton of money.

Then they tried to tell me that they wanted to be sure that I wasn't in labor and that's what the problem was. I told them I was NOT in labor. I would know if I was in labor. The resident OB told me that I was contracting. I said I know, but that would mean I have been in labor for 3 1/2 months, now. (The ironic thing about this conversation was that the last time I was in OB triage, I was trying to convince them that I was in labor and they wouldn't admit me. Once my water broke outside the elevator, and I delivered Porkchop 30mins later, they realized maybe I knew what I was talking about.) I finally got them to release me. And was home at 12:30am.

So, tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment. I am hoping that after she checks me, she will tell me it's time to get this show on the road. But, only if Sweeting is ready. I do not want to start down the road of medical intervention. So, no pitocin. I can't have that anyway, since I am having my 3rd VBAC and pitocin and VBACs do not mix. And I certainly want to avoid a c-sec.

Think of us tomorrow and let's hope that I'll have little Sweeting in my hot little hands by bedtime tomorrow. I doubt it. But, hey! Let's hope.

6 comments:

Christina B said...

I'll be hoping AND praying for you:)Come ON Sweeting!

JLP said...

So, how exactly do they get the show on the road without pitocin? Even WITH pitocin, Jack was still unable to get with the program!

Good luck, I'll be thinking of you and anxiously awaiting news.

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and Sweeting!
Love, Samiam

Cakes said...

Thanks for the well wishes, guys!

Jen~With Ladybug, I was 3-4cm dilated but not in active labor so she was just able to break my water and off we went. 4 hours later she was here.

I'm GBS+ so I need to get antibiotics for 4 hours before delivery. We worry about me going into labor on my own and not getting the antibiotics. Or the pain relief! But, I don't want to push it too soon and then be screwed and have to get a c-sec.

Mel said...

How exciting!!!
Definately avoid that pitocin like the plague. The only advice I ever give my clients is do not get induced unless you are at least a week late. Do the good old fashioned induction method by lots of shagging and put a pillow under your butt.

Pastormac's Ann said...

Praying for you Cakes.